An adjective is a word that describes, identifies or further defines a noun or a pronoun. An adjective modifies a noun or a pronoun by describing, identifying, or quantifying words. There are thousands of adjectives available to describe how something feels, looks, sounds, tastes and act.
An adjective is a word that gives instant status about the noun to enable to make a clear picture of the noun in the mind of the reader and create a feeling of the writer.
Types of Adjectives
Following are the kinds of adjectives which are commonly used:
Adjectives of Quality:
- Adjectives of Quality answer the question ‘Of what kind’
- Examples : Large, Small, Intelligent, Beautiful
Adjectives of Quantity:
- Adjectives of Quantity answer the question ‘How much’
- Examples : Some, Little, Any, Enough
Adjectives of Number:
- Adjectives of Number answer the question ‘How many’
- Examples : Two, Seven, Second, Third
- Demonstrative Adjectives answer the question ‘Which’
- Examples : This, That, These, Those
- Interrogative Adjectives are used to ask questions about a noun.
- Examples : What, Which, Whose
Have you ever:
Missed a Job opportunity as you were unable to converse in English during the Interview?
We can help you overcome all of the above and more, at your own pace and effectively, through Online English Guru. We provide, and specialize in, simple personalized online one to one English speaking courses designed specifically to meet your needs. All that is needed is your dedication, our support and practice to converse in English. At Online English Guru you can feel free to get all your queries and difficulties solved, that too at your own convenient pace and time. All you need to do is schedule yourself for a lecture with our web English Teachers.